We’re discussing vintage and preloved slips for weddings. After all, the old adage says that you need ‘something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue’ for your wedding and a vintage or preloved slip can be all four if you think about it. Let’s look at six ways that vintage and preloved slips are used in weddings:
- Getting ready: The wedding party can wear slips while they get ready. Slips are comfortable to wear while getting your hair and make up done (or whatever your polishing up process is).
- Photographs: Vintage and preloved slips are great photo props! They can add a vintage or nostalgic theme to your wedding photos.
- Building glam: The champagne is flowing, the rollers are in the hair and the nails are getting painted. Slips are another means to further build on the glamour of the day.
- Wedding party gift: Wedding party gifts such as bridesmaids’ dresses are a great memento of the day. However, vintage and preloved slips can be used much more frequently than formal wedding wear.
- Dash of uniqueness: If all your wedding party are wearing the same outfit such as a bridesmaids’ dress then a slip is a way to give each person’s look a unique twist. For example, imagine a bridal party all lined up each with a unique hem or pop of colour visible.
Did you include vintage and preloved slips on your wedding day? Use the comment section to tell us how <3
Photo credits to Farah